+5
Completed

Preference to Disable Bouncing in Dock for Mac Desktop App

Stephanie Henyard 8 years ago updated by Mitch Mitchell 5 years ago 11

Our Mac users hate the desktop app's incessant bouncing when a notification is received. Please include preference settings for controlling how notifications expressed in the Desktop app:

• Bouncing as an option, which can be disabled
  • Badge icon as an option, which can be disabled
  • Option for generic badge icon instead of displaying number of notifications

The work being done to integrating Notifications into OS X's Notification Center is greatly anticipated.

Under review

Seconded, this is extremely frustrating.

Ok, we got the Notification Center integration rolled out on Friday. Do Not Disturb mode silences the bounce. I'll put in another feature request for a user preference to control the bounce in general, rather than only cutting that out for Do Not Disturb.

+1

What's the status on this? I can't seem to find any way to turn the bounce off for my team aside from DND, which is frustrating since it bounces something like 30 or 40 times.....

Anthony - can you this request email support@ryver.com

I sent in the request.

Has this been fixed? I can't seem to find a way to turn the bouncing off and it is horribly annoying. 

Tom - Can you send this request to support@ryver.com.

I wish. I can't seem to find anything relating to this in the preferences or anywhere else. 

Completed

In version 1.2.1 of the desktop app, you can choose never, once or continuous for the bouncing of the app icon.