Welcome to the Ryver Product Ideas forum! We pride ourselves on constantly improving Ryver based on customer feedback. Here, you can view and vote on the current list of feature ideas, or add your own idea if you don't see it.
For immediate support, go to https://support.ryver.com and click the Chat tab in the lower left. You can also request help from the Send Feedback link in the top drop-down menu in the application nav bar.
Currently there is only the elevated "admin" accounts. For some communities that may be fine, but for many, there needs be at least one more higher account for managing admins. This allows the Account to be managed by multiple individuals, the admins, but ensures that ownership of the account is retained by select, trusted individuals. A teammate and I tested this out and though I had created the account, as another admin, he was able to revoke my admin rights and deactivate my account.
The Ryver web/desktop app have both a nice color scheme. Anyway, as the users all are different, the ability to change using a few color sets or even fully customize app colors for all the items (for example top bar is blue, buttons are turquoise, sidebar is gray by default) would be a big step on making the product a universal one.
Please add an option to give other users edit rights on a post, allowing me to create a post, but have others collaborate directly by editing the post. The options would be to allow Team Admins to edit the post, or all Team Members.
I would like to see if/when an item has been read. In a private chat this would be the day/time that the message was read; in a forum perhaps implemented as a "seen by #" count that could be expanded by clicking to list those that have viewed the message/post/reply
I realize this may not be an easy task, but its something that after a long time slack finally implemented and it is useful more frequently than I would have thought...
Often we are discussing something in a private group and end up invitng so many people it would make more sense to have it as an open channel... Having the history "copied" over, is something essential however...
The opposite also happens in some cases where a public channel starts taking on a strategic twist, and we want to segreagate some content from teh entire team be it for a long time or just temporarily (for example when we do bugathons/hackathons, we start with a public channel, and then convert to private when devs want to just get their heads down... This isnt the best example but its one I've come accross)...
This functionality would also be very useful in importing from Slack... I have discussed/proposed a possible workflow that would allow us to import private & public channels from slack instead of the public ones only as per today's limitation.
The proposed idea is:
- Admin disables all users on Slack
- Admin (or group of admins) convert all private channels to public and rename them with a prefix (ex: priv_****) or something in order to keep track of them
- Admin runs import to Ryver
- [Missing ryver functionality proposed>>] At this point, in Ryver, the Admin can make all the priv_*** channels private, and rename them appropriately
- After doing this, the Admin can then invite the users into Ryver.
- Migration completed :)
I assume there would be some manual work (in slack: renaming, making public, and then in ryver: rnaming, making private), but I would argue this is something that most admins would be willing to do... at least for groups that matter... We have some very large private groups, and its one of the reasons we dont migrate from Slack paid into Ryver yet... (This and admin restrictions for group creation)... Anyways, I'm not sure how complex this may be from a data standpoint within Ryver, but it would help with the 2 areas... Importing & General communication flow...
The current Reminder feature on Posts/Comments can be used as a poor man's bookmarking mechanism, but would prefer an explicit way to bookmark both posts/comments AND particular chat messages, and have an easy way to get to them in a "bookmarks" or "favorites" list.
Custom user-centric tagging would be a bonus as an extension of this feature...allowing the user to put a #tag on any chat, post or comment that is just for that user's reference in future searches.
Quick calls with team members is a must-have feature and the Current Google Hangout integration is clunky. It also cannot support calls of more than 10 people (because it defaults to a video call). I think there are several options that could greatly improve this experience.
- Update the Google Hangout Button so it creates the Hangout and then posts this hangout url into the team chat or direct message. This will allow one person to create the call and the rest of the members will see that call in the Chat area and can click to join.
- Update the Google Hangout Link to Open in the Google Hangouts Desktop App if Present. We use Google Hangouts and have it open on our computer but the Ryver Link that is created opens a url in the browser. When clicked, we have the Hangouts App Open but we're forced to hang out in the browser. Very frustrating.
- OR - Create your own voice application in Ryver (like your competitor just released in Beta) that will allow teams to call each other directly!
- OR - Create a strong integration with another VOIP partner or Skype. For example linking skype usernames to Ryver users and one click access to call them or a group.
The reality is that it's tough to completely ditch our previous communication tools when we don't have a simple one-click method to talk with each other.
Would like to generate a URL that can be shared on a web page or via email, which people can click to join my Ryver account. Would like to have control over which email domains are allowed.
We often find ourselves forgetting/losing track of important posts because they're off in the separate 'Posts' tab rather than right there in the chat channel. As such, a feature that allowed posts (or even just a single post) to be stickied to the top of the chat window would be really useful.
It might be useful to make this an admin-only feature/add an option to only allow admins to do this.
It would be great if we could record a voice message and send it as a chat message. In the app, the chat message would show that there is an audio file and allow you to click to listen to it. Kind of like a mini MP3 embed.
Customer support service by UserEcho